George Arthur Robinson was the 2nd honorary secretary of the Beverley Golf Club and was one of the founding members. He followed E Bainton as secretary who held the position briefly in 1889; Arthur Robinson was secretary from 1890 to 1903. He subsequently became club captain in 1906. He was born in Beverley in about 1842, the son of John Blythe Robinson and his wife Susanna. The family lived in Lairgate, Beverley and John was a solicitor according to the 1851 census. George married Charlotte and they had at least two children. By 1911 George lived at 62 North bar Without in Beverley.
According to the Bulmer’s directory of 1892, G Arthur Robinson was a solicitor who was steward of the manors of Patrington, Holmpton, and Etton, secretary to the East Riding Savings Bank, to the Beverley Dispensary and Hospital, to Turner’s, Clarkson’s, and Parker’s Charities, &c., perpetual cam. to administer oaths. He lived at North Bar within
It is possible that his wife and daughter were lady captains of the club in 1897 and 1904 respectively. Arthur succeeded his son-in-law William Todd as captain. It is possible that he is the pipe-smoking figure in the photograph here.