Arthur B Reckitt was Beverley Golf Club captain in 1896.
Arthur and his wife Helen lived in Hengate House in the middle of Beverley in the 1901 census. He was a director of the Reckitt company based in Hull. In 1891, the family had lived in Park Field in the Seven Sisters Lane area of the town. Arthur was born in Hull in 1863 and was brought up in Craig View, Southfield, Hessle where he is shown as living with his widowed father in 1871 and with his father and step-mother in 1881.
Arthur’s father, Francis, was the third of the four sons to whom Isaac Reckitt bequeathed the company of Reckitts and Sons on his death. Initially the company focussed on the production of starch for washing but it rapidly spread into many household and cleaning products. Francis’ younger brother, James, became the 1st baronet in recognition for his work in developing Hull’s garden village.
Arthur died in Beverley in 1927 but by then he lived in Surrey as well as Beverley.